· Parking - Parking will be restricted on the streets that will be chip sealed. Please make sure you do not park your car along the streets highlighted on the map between September 14-18. Parking restrictions are typically removed as soon as we’re done with the chip seal application. The application process is done within a day.
· Traffic Access - Access to your driveway may be disrupted for a few minutes, but City/County crews will work to minimize any delays. The new surface can be driven on almost immediately, but slow speeds are required.
· Drive Slowly - Please drive slowly, no faster than 10 mph, on the new surface for the first several days. This will help the new surface to set and prevent the loosening of aggregate.
· Motorcyclists and Bicyclists - Due to the loose rock, motorcyclists and bicyclists should use extreme caution and consider using alternative routes until the road surface stabilizes.
· Pets - To avoid contact with the asphalt emulsion on the street, please keep pets indoors or fenced-in during the day of the chip seal project.
Crews from the City of Moran and Allen County Public Works will begin daytime Chip and Seal on various City streets in the near future. Check out the map of the streets scheduled for work.